This privacy statement was last amended in June 2022.
This is the privacy statement of Qlick B.V. (Qlick) and its direct affiliates. We are a staffing solutions agency that specializes in matching the appropriate personnel to companies.
This privacy statement applies to all people who have contact with QLICK, except its employees. In concrete terms, this means that this privacy declaration applies to:
- Candidates, customers, visitors, applicants, clients, contractors, and other relations of Qlick;
- Visitors to the website of www.qlick.nl or any of its affiliated domain names.
These individuals are referred to below as ‘you’ and ‘your.’ The words’ we’ and ‘us’ refer to Qlick. Chapter 1 explains several terms. These terms are capitalized in the privacy declaration.
At Qlick, we take the protection of privacy extremely seriously. The personal data of both our clients and candidates must be handled responsibly. In this privacy statement, we explain how we guarantee privacy. We observe all statutory regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and carefully and adequately secure your personal data.
We ask you to read this privacy statement carefully.
Table of contents
- Your personal data that we may process
- The reason we process your personal data
- On these grounds, do we process personal data
- Sharing of personal data with third parties
- Sharing of personal data outside the European Economic Area
- Your rights
- Minors on the Qlick website
- Cookies and similar techniques
- Contact details
- Storage periods
- Amendments and applicable law
Data Subject: the person whose personal data is being processed.
Controller: the party that processes data subject’s data for a specific purpose. In this privacy statement, this is Qlick B.V.
Third party: (legal) people who are not a data subject or part of Qlick, such as (legal) people with whom Qlick shares personal data based on an agreement. These third parties may be processors or co-processors.
Personal data: any data relating to an identified or identifiable person.
Processing: everything that can be done with personal data, such as collecting, recording, storing, changing retrieval, use, dissemination, and destruction.
Your personal data that we may process
Below we explain what kind of personal data Qlick may process from you.
Data provided by you, such as:
- Your contact details (name, address, place of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, and job title);
- Your gender and date of birth;
- Data from a telephone conversation with you;
- Data from an e-mail from you;
- Payment data;
- Data from your CV, data on employment history.
Data received through our websites, newsletters, and e-mails:
- Information about the device you used to visit our website;
- Your surfing behavior on the website, such as:
- Which data/webpages you have viewed from us;
- The way you navigate through the website;
- Whether you open a newsletter or an e-mail and which parts of it you click on;
– The dates and times of your visits to our website;
– The operating system you use;
– Your browser type and IP address;
– The internet address of the website you clicked through;
– The geolocation;
– The data you downloaded from the website.
Data that we have received from other sources, such as:
- Public sources available and made public by you, such as on social media and business websites;
- The Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the Land Registry.
The reason we process your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes to:Verify your identity;
- Improve (the security of) our services, for example, by performing checks;
- Evaluate, research, and develop our services;
- Contact you for newsletters if you have signed up for them;
- Internal quality purposes
- Administer, secure, modify and improve our websites;
- Marketing/commercial purposes;
- Recruitment and selection purposes;
- Comply with any legal obligation incumbent upon Qlick;
- Contact you and respond to your questions;
- Process your request for information and handle your complaints;
- Prevent theft, abuse, destruction, or other criminal conduct;
- Conduct satisfaction surveys.
On these grounds, do we process personal data
To process personal data, we need a basis in the GDPR.
We use the following grounds:
- You have given Qlick explicit permission;
- The use is necessary to execute or enter into an agreement with you;
- The use is required to comply with a legal obligation;
- In emergencies: the use is needed to protect a vital interest of you or another person;
- We have a legitimate interest in the use unless this interest is outweighed by your or a third party’s interest in privacy.
Qlick may invoke the following legitimate interests:
- To provide, improve, customize, support, research, and analyze our services;
- To protect your security;
- To protect the safety of customers and/or others, Qlick’s premises and property;
- For quality and training purposes;
- To enhance IT management and improve security;
- To analyze and improve the services and content of our websites;
- To promote the quality and safety of our services;
- To communicate with you and other relations of QLICK;
- To prevent and deter fraud, unauthorized use, and violations of our terms and policies or other harmful or illegal activities.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
We share your data with third parties only as necessary because third parties are performing work on Qlick’s behalf only and for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. If a third party is engaged, Qlick will ensure that such a third party maintains the same level of security and confidentiality as ours.
Qlick may use the following categories of third parties:
- organizations for which Qlick provides services
- website management
- website hosting
Qlick remains responsible for the processing of your personal data. Qlick has entered into agreements with third parties to ensure that your personal data is properly secured.
Qlick may share your personal data with a third party, such as a potential buyer or seller, due to a merger, acquisition, or sale of (part of) its organization. In this case, we will inform you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website and advise you of your rights.
Sharing of personal data outside the European Economic Area
Sometimes, transferring your personal data to third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA) may be necessary. Following the GDPR, Qlick will only share your personal data with countries outside the EEA if:
- The European Commission has decided that the third country ensures adequate protection.
- Appropriate safeguards are in place, and you have enforceable rights and proper legal remedies.
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of your contract with Qlick.
- You have expressly consented to the transfer, having been informed of the risks involved.
- The transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest.
- The transmission is incidental and necessary for the compelling interests of Qlick, has appropriate safeguards in place, and has informed the Data Protection Authority accordingly.
When Qlick transfers your personal data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that your personal data remains adequately protected.
At Qlick, we take privacy and security extremely seriously. Good security measures are crucial, especially within the recruitment industry. That is why we try to make it as difficult as possible for malicious people to gain access to our systems. Some of the measures we have in place include:
- Only persons authorized to do so have access to personal data, with the minimum number of persons possible having access to the personal data;
- All Qlick employees have signed a duty of confidentiality whereby they undertake to observe complete secrecy about all information (including personal data);
- Electronic transmission of personal data always takes place via a secure connection;
- The website is secured via HTTPS;
- We ensure that your personal data is only shared with third parties where we have agreed on appropriate security measures with those third parties.
If your personal data is processed, you have several rights, which are set out below. You can exercise these rights by submitting your request in writing and addressing it to Qlick or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Qlick will verify your identity before complying with your request.
Qlick shall respond to your request as soon as possible but at the latest within one month. Qlick shall only charge you for processing the requests if your requests are excessive.
- Inspection of personal data
You may request us to indicate which (categories of) personal data are being processed by Qlick, for which purposes, from which source the personal data originate, and which retention periods are being used.
- Changing your personal data
You may contact us anytime to complete or correct your personal data. In the unlikely event that Qlick has processed and/or provided third parties with incorrect personal data, Qlick will rectify this immediately. Qlick will inform you of any changes to your personal data.
- Limiting the processing of your personal data
If you disagree with the content of the personal data held by Qlick, you may request the temporary restriction of processing your personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent
You can also withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. Upon receipt of your request, Qlick will immediately cease processing your personal data for which you had given your consent. The withdrawal of your consent will, however, not affect any processing that has already taken place.
- Right to transfer personal data (right to data portability)
You may retrieve the personal data held by Qlick in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable form. Upon receipt of the personal data, you are free to transfer it.
- Right to be forgotten
If you no longer wish to use the services of Qlick, you can request the deletion of all your personal data.
- Right of objection
You have the right to object to processing your personal data by Qlick based on the ‘legitimate interest of Qlick or a third party’ and ‘fulfillment of a task carried out in the public interest.’ If Qlick relies on these grounds, it will make a balance of interests concerning your privacy. The right of objection allows you to demand that Qlick reconsiders the balancing of interests.
- Right to complain or bring legal action
We are committed to working with you to find a fair solution if you have a complaint or concern about our use of your personal data. However, suppose you feel we have been unable to assist you with your complaint or concern. In that case, you can complain to the Data Protection Authority or initiate legal action.
Minors on the Qlick website
Although visitors of all ages can visit our websites, we do not want to collect personal data from children under 16 without parental/guardian consent. You should, therefore, only use our website under the supervision of your parent/guardian if you are 16 years of age or younger.
Cookies and similar techniques
1012 KS Amsterdam
+31 (0) 20 244 0690
Qlick will only retain personal data for as long as necessary for the processing. Qlick will keep your personal data for as long as we consider it essential to provide services, enable you to use the website, comply with applicable law, resolve disputes with parties, and otherwise, as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. Qlick will retain your data for at least the period you have an agreement with Qlick. Even after the agreement has ended, it may be the case that data relating to contact persons is retained. For example, when linked to a contract, invoice, or other official documents.
We keep the data of (potential) candidates for a period of three years. After this period, we will ask them for permission to store their data for another three years. If a potential candidate no longer wishes to be contacted by us, they can request to remove their data from our systems.
If you have applied for one of our internal vacancies but have not been invited for an interview, or if we cannot reach a mutually satisfactory solution, we will retain your details for another four weeks. After this period, we will ask for your permission to keep the data for three years. We do this so that we can contact you again later, for example, when new vacancies arise that match your profile.
Changes and applicable law
We may amend the privacy statement in the future. For example, the law imposes different requirements because we are expanding our services or because we feel we should word it differently. The latest version is always available on our website. None of the provisions of this privacy declaration is intended to create an obligation or agreement between Qlick and you. The conditions of this privacy statement and any disputes arising from it are governed by Dutch law.