Introduction and scope
- candidates, clients, visitors, job applicants, principals, contractors and other contactsof Qlick;
- visitors to the website of https://qlick.nl or a domain name associated with this domain name;
It is important to us that your Personal Data are handled with all due care. Needless to say, we comply with all statutory rules, including the General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') and exercise due care to secure your Personal Data adequately.
2.THE PERSONAL DATA PERTAINING TO YOU WHICH WE CAN PROCESS3. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
4.GROUNDS ON WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
5.SHARING PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
6.SHARING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA7.SECURITY
9.MINORS ON Qlick'S WEBSITE
10.COOKIES AND SIMILAR APPLICATIONS
13.AMENDMENTS AND APPLICABLE LAW
person whose Personal Data is processed. In other words: the person whose personal information is being processed.
natural or legal persons who are not Data Subjects or part of Qlick, such as natural or legal persons with which Qlick shares Personal Data pursuant to a contract. These Third Parties might be processors or co-Controllers.
All data related to an identified or an identifiable person. In other words: all information that identifies or can be used to identify the Data Subject.
everything that can be done with Personal Data, such as collection, recording, storage, alteration, retrieval, use, dissemination, or destruction.
The personal data pertaining to you which we can process
Below, we explain which of your Personal Data Qlick can process.
Data you have provided yourself, such as:
- your contact details (name, address, city/town of residence, email address, telephone
number and function title);
- your gender and date of birth;
- data collected from you in a telephone conversation;
- data collected from an email from you;
- payment details;
- data from your CV or about your employment history.
Data we have received via our websites, newsletters, and emails:
- information about the device you used to visit our website;
- your surfing behaviour on the website, such as:
- which data/which of our web pages you have viewed;
- how you navigate the website;
- whether you open a newsletter or email and which parts of it you click on;
- the dates and times of your visit to the website;
- the operating system you are using;
- your browser type and IP address;
- the Internet address of the website to which the link is made;
- the geolocation;
- the data you downloaded from the website.
Data we have received from other sources, such as via:
- data available from public sources and apparently published by you, such as those on
social media and commercial websites;
- data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the Land
Why do we process your personal data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve our services (and the safety of those services), including by conducting
- to inform you about news and developments at Qlick and about Qlick's products and
- to enable us to evaluate, study, and develop our services;
- to contact you for newsletters, if you have signed up for them;
- for internal quality purposes;
- to manage, secure, adjust, and improve our websites;
- for marketing/commercial purposes;
- for recruitment and selection;
- to comply with a statutory obligation imposed on Qlick;
- to be able to contact you and respond to any questions you have submitted;
- to deal with your requests for information and to settle complaints;
- to prevent theft, misuse, vandalism, or other criminal conduct;
- to enable us to conduct satisfaction surveys.
Grounds on which we process personal data
In order for us to use Personal Data, we must have a ground to do so based on the GDPR.
We use the following grounds:
In order for us to use Personal Data, we must have a ground to do so based on the GDPR.
We use the following grounds:
- you have given Qlick your express consent;
- the use is necessary for performing or entering into a contract with you;
- the use is necessary to comply with a statutory obligation;
- in emergency situations: the use is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of
- we have a legitimate interest in the use unless this interest is outweighed by your
interest, or a Third Party's interest, in privacy.
Qlick can invoke the following legitimate interests:
- the protection of your safety;
- the protection of the safety of our clients and/or others, as well as the security of the
buildings and property of Qlick;
- quality and training;
- the advancement of IT management and the improvement of security;
- the analysis and improvement of the services and content of our websites;
- the supply, improvement, adjustment, support, research, and analysis of our services;
- the advancement of the quality and security of our services;
- communication with you and other contacts of Qlick;
- the prevention and combating of fraud, unauthorised use, and violations of our
general terms and conditions and policy rules or other harmful or illegal activities.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Qlick may engage contractors from the following categories:
- Organisations for which Qlick provides recruitment services;
- IT management;
- website management;
- website hosting.
Qlick remains responsible for the processing of your Personal Data. Qlick enters into contracts with Third Parties to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured.
Qlick may, as the results of a merger, acquisition, or sale, of all or parts of its organisation, share your Personal Data with a Third Party, such as a potential buyer or seller. Naturally, we will inform you of this via email and/or a clearly visible notification on our website, and we will inform you of your rights in such a situation.
Sharing personal data outside the European economic area
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer your Personal Data to Third Parties established outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). In accordance with the GDPR, Qlick will only transfer your Personal Data to countries outside the EEA if:
- the European Commission has decided that the third country offers an adequate level of protection; or
- appropriate safeguards are offered, you have enforceable rights, and you have effective legal remedies; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of your contract with Qlick; or
- you have expressly consented to the transfer after being informed of the risks that
such transfer entails; or
- the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest; or
- the transfer is occasional and required by the compelling interests
of Qlick and Qlick has implemented appropriate safeguards and has informed the Dutch Data Protection Authority of these.
In situations in which Qlick transfers your Personal Data outside the EEA, we take measures to ensure that your Personal Data remain adequately protected.
At Qlick, we do not only take your privacy seriously but also the security of your personal data. Strict safety measures are crucial, especially within the recruitment industry. We make it extra hard for malicious persons to gain access to our systems.
We have taken the following measures, among other things:
- access to the Personal Data is restricted to authorised persons, whereby this number
is kept as low as possible;
- all employees of Qlick have signed a confidentiality agreement, whereby they
undertake to observe complete confidentiality with regard to all information (including
- the electronic transmission of Personal Data always takes place via a secure
- the website is secured via https;
- we ensure that your Personal Data are only shared with Third Parties if we have agreed
on appropriate security measures with these Third Parties.
If any of your Personal Data are processed, you have a number of rights, which are set out below. You may exercise these rights by submitting your request in writing to Qlick or by sending an email to info@Qlick.nl. Qlick verifies your identity before your request can be met.
Qlick will respond to your request as soon as possible, but at the latest within one month. In principle, your requests will be processed electronically, unless this is not possible or you request otherwise. Qlick will not charge you for the processing of the aforementioned requests unless your requests are excessive.
- Access to Personal Data
You can ask us at any time to indicate which (categories of) your PersonalData Qlick processes, for which purposes, from which source the data come, and which retention periods are applied.
- Changing Personal Data
In addition, you can contact us at any time to complete or correct your Personal Data. In the unlikely event that Qlick has processed and/or provided incorrect Personal Data about you, Qlick will rectify this immediately. If Qlick has changed your Personal Data, Qlick will notify you accordingly.
- Minimising the processing of your Personal Data
If you do not agree with the content of the Personal Data about you stored by Qlick, you can submit a request to temporarily minimise the processing of your Personal Data.
- Withdrawing consent
You can also withdraw the consent you have given for the processing of your Personal Data. Upon receipt of your letter or email, Qlick will immediately cease processing of your Personal Data for which you have given your consent. However, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the processing operations that have already taken place.
- Right to transfer Personal Data (right to data portability)
You can retrieve the Personal Data about you stored by Qlick in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. After receiving your Personal Data, you are free to transfer this information.
- Right to be forgotten
If you no longer wish to make use of Qlick's services, you may submit a request for the deletion of all your Personal Data.
- Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data which Qlick bases on the grounds ‘legitimate interest of Qlick or a Third Party' or 'performance of a task carried out in the public interest'. If Qlick bases itself on these grounds, Qlick will weigh its interests against your privacy. The right to object entitles you to require Qlick to repeat this weighing of interests.
- Right to lodge a complaint / pursue a judicial remedy
We make efforts to join you in working to find a fair solution if you have a complaint or problem relating to our use of your Personal Data. However, if your position is that we cannot assist you with your complaint or problem, you also have the option of lodging a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or instituting judicial proceedings. You will find the contact details of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Nederlandse Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) by clicking here.
Minors on Qlick's website
Although visitors of all ages might visit our website, we do not collect Personal Data from children under 16 years of age without the consent of their parent/guardian. This means that if you are 16 years old or younger, you may only use our website under the supervision of your parent/guardian.
Cookies and similar applications
Our contact details are:
1012 KV Amsterdam
Qlick does not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose of the processing. Qlick retains your Personal Data as long we consider this necessary to be able to provide you with services, to enable you to use our website, to comply with applicable laws, to resolve disputes with parties, and for other purposes that enable us to conduct our commercial activities. Qlick, in any case, retains your Personal Data during the period in which you are party to a contract with Qlick. As long as you are a client of Qlick, we will keep the company details and contact details stored on our systems. After ending the client agreement, we might still keep these details on our systems, for example, when a contact is linked to an agreement, invoice, or any other official document.
We store data on (potential) candidates for a period of 3 years. After this period, we will ask the (potential) candidate for permission to store his personal data for another 3 years. Potential candidates can access their personal data that is stored in our systems. If a potential candidate no longer wishes to be approached by Qlick, he/she can file a request for the deletion of his personal data.
In case you have applied for any of our internal vacancies at Qlick, but have not been invited for a job interview, or when we unexpectedly could not agree on your contract, we will keep your personal data stored for 4 weeks. After this period, we will ask you for permission to
store the personal data for 3 years. We do this in order to be able to approach you again in the future, for example, when a new vacancy comes up that matches your profile.
Amendments and applicable law